Definition of short-eared owl in English:
A migratory day-flying owl that frequents open country, found in northern Eurasia and North and South America.
- Asio flammeus, family Strigidae
- The short-eared owl is the most diurnal of all our owls and hunts over our moorlands.
- Walkers will be on the lookout for birds such as short-eared owls, winter wildfowl and the elusive hen harrier.
- They claimed the land was a home to protected species, including the great crested newt, the reed bunting and the short-eared owl.
Definition of short-eared owl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan