- A migratory day-flying owl that frequents open country, found in northern Eurasia and North and South America.
More example sentences
- Asio flammeus, family Strigidae
- The short-eared owl is the most diurnal of all our owls and hunts over our moorlands.
- Walkers will be on the lookout for birds such as short-eared owls, winter wildfowl and the elusive hen harrier.
- They claimed the land was a home to protected species, including the great crested newt, the reed bunting and the short-eared owl.
More definitions of short-eared owlDefinition of short-eared owl in:
- The British & World English dictionary