Definition of short-run in English:
1Taken or considered over a short time period; short-term: the short-run impact appears to be positive
More example sentences
- Proposals to increase dividends, if implemented, may reduce investor and hence management interest in short-run stock price fluctuations.
- Increase in poverty in the short-run is a price that has to be paid for long-term economic growth.
- Noticeably larger effects are only likely to be elicited under implausibly high values of the short-run trade price elasticity.
1.1 Printing Produced in or relating to a print run of relatively few copies.
- For example, echoing King, he says short runs aren't profitable to do on large production machines, and so digital printing will probably spur short-run activity.
- Alison Hardy, president of FabriCad Consulting, agrees with them that it is critical that digital printing becomes feasible for short-run work.
Definition of short-run in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan