- 1A short upper body, with a high waist.More example sentences
- Instead of hunching - which only emphasizes your short waist and narrow shoulders - choose slim-heeled kicks which mirror your slim legs, dresses gathered to emphasize your waist, and boot-cut or flared pants which balance off your top half.
- These also work very well for women with short waists.
- The converse of this is a short waist - short torso - which means trouser waistbands always seem to end somewhere near your ribs.
- 2 • archaic A woman’s dress with a high waist.More example sentences
- A short walking skirt, short waist, and low-heeled shoes make an excellent combination.
- Large arm cut-outs and a short waist allow excellent freedom of movement.
- Leg-of-mutton sleeves and short waists are dead.
More definitions of short waistDefinition of short waist in:
- The British & World English dictionary