- A crisp, rich, crumbly type of cookie made with butter, flour, and sugar.More example sentences
- Celeste came back with two slices of pizza and a plate of shortbread sugar cookies.
- The origin of the name of these dainty shortbread biscuits is interesting.
- When I'm tired, I eat roasted peppers, rice pudding, shortbread biscuits dunked in tea.
early 19th century: short from short in the sense 'easily crumbled'.
More definitions of shortbreadDefinition of shortbread in:
- The British & World English dictionary