- 2North American A dessert made from shortcake topped with fruit, typically strawberries, and whipped cream.More example sentences
- Make strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream.
- Instead of a wedding cake, a strawberry shortcake was offered, topping off a menu that included baron of beef, salmon, shrimp cocktail, fettuccine and fruit.
- There is always a good selection of soups, including traditional favourites lentil and tomato, while desserts include goodies such as strawberry shortcake.
late 16th century: see shortbread.
More definitions of shortcakeDefinition of shortcake in:
- The British & World English dictionary