- 1A shorter alternative route.More example sentences
- We're always looking for the quick route, the short cut, the way to avoid the traffic.
- Ignoring it as was my custom, I turned off the main road, and took the short cut through the woods.
- We took a short cut through the woods behind the elementary school at the edge of our neighborhood, and emerged at the side of the highway.
- 1.1An accelerated way of doing or achieving something: the promise of a shortcut to optimum health and fitness is a tantalizing oneMore example sentences
- For anyone with an underdeveloped sense of self-esteem, this is a lifeline, providing a short cut to coherence and purpose.
- But the idea that cosmetic surgery is a short cut to a fit, healthy-looking body is false.
- Opportunities for women in music were limited, and sex with a star was a short cut to the heart of the industry.
- 1.2 Computing A record of the address of a file, website, or other data made to enable quick access.More example sentences
- The update for the text abbreviation expansion utility added the ability to customize the application's keyboard shortcuts.
- Instead of selecting the Get Info option from the menu bar, you can also use the Command-I keyboard short cut.
- In the past few years, search engines have been adding a variety of shortcuts direct from their search boxes.
More definitions of shortcutDefinition of shortcut in:
- The British & World English dictionary