Definition of shorty in English:
noun (plural shorties)informal
1A person who is shorter than average (often used as a nickname).
- We saddled up, although simply getting on the horse was a trial for a shorty like me.
- Need I remind you the countless hours you spent crying because no one wanted to be friends with the shorty?
- But as a fellow shorty, the Celtic manager is hardly going to judge this as an insurmountable disadvantage.
1.1 [often as modifier] A short garment, especially a short dress or nightgown: she pulled on a shorty nightshirt
More example sentences
- Titania first appears in a blue silk ball gown, but when retiring she discards the gown to reveal a shortie slip nightdress.
- Katkandu motors through a gap in the barrier reef between South Water Caye and Carrie Bow Caye as we pull on shortie wetsuits, weight belts, tanks, fins.
- The other sister is in a tight-fitting, low-cut black dress under a square-cut shorty jacket with elbow-length sleeves.
Definition of shorty in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia