- A message of congratulation, support, or appreciation: a special shout-out to Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Gandolfini, and Robert DeNiro for being such kick-ass cinematic mobstersMore example sentences
- There's just time for a shout-out to his granny, who has a cold and couldn't make it tonight.
- The bass throughout is astonishingly deep and clear, and for the first time in my reviewing career I feel compelled to give a shout-out to the mastering engineer.
- The diminutive bassist was actually getting a healthy dose of shout-outs from the audience, which led Danko to protest at one point that ‘I am a jealous man!’
More definitions of shout-outDefinition of shout-out in:
- The British & World English dictionary