- A black felt hat with a low round crown and a broad brim turned up at the sides, formerly worn especially by clergymen.More example sentences
- On the other side of the second square he found a policeman, and said: ‘This is urgent, constable; have you seen two clergymen in shovel hats?’
- Designer Frida Parmeggiani's men's robes have the squared-off shoulders and the high shovel hats of Japan's Noh theater, and Wilson works hard on his characters to produce the bent-back hand postures of that theatrical style as well.
- The last visitor gone, the Pope donned his scarlet shovel hat, threw a black cloak over his white soutane, assembled a dozen members of his court.
More definitions of shovel hatDefinition of shovel hat in:
- The British & World English dictionary