Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of show time in English:
1The time at which a play, film, or concert is scheduled to begin: it was five minutes to show time and a huge roar went up from the audience
More example sentences
- Mark was nowhere to be found until five minutes before show time, when he and Ms. Malek gathered everyone in the hallway so the assembled audience wouldn't hear us.
- We arrived at 6: 13 pm, two minutes before show time.
- It is 15 minutes to show time and I've just had my first sight of the empty room.
1.1Used to signal the beginning of an event or process that is expected to be dramatic, decisive, or otherwise significant.
- But five minutes before show time on this early October morning, it's clear that Causey and Majerus haven't had much practice working the phone lines.
- It's show time for the thirty drivers entered in the World Series by Renault, set to take part in their first two races this weekend.
- We need to send a little message to your partner, then it's show time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.