Definition of showdown in English:
1A final test or confrontation intended to settle a dispute.
- Even the final showdown with the Green Goblin is premised as an ethical problem.
- The family had to take part in four games and a final showdown with the Herdman family from Powys.
- David Beckham is already dreaming of a World Cup final showdown with his Old Trafford pal Juan Sebastian Veron.
1.1(In poker) the requirement at the end of a round that the players who remain in must show their cards to determine which is the strongest hand.
- In a showdown, the winner will take the pot consisting of the small antes and the bets.
- There is no concept of equalising the bets, and a showdown is not possible with more than two players.
- Maybe you actually have the best hand and would win in a showdown right now.