Definition of showrooming in English:
The practice of visiting a store or stores in order to examine a product before buying it online at a lower price: as a result of showrooming, a physical store may lose sales
More example sentences
- While likely futile, the effort to stop showrooming is an understandable if sometimes unsubtle reaction to fears of death by a billion clicks.
- In an effort to combat showrooming, international retailers such as David Jones and Target offer a "click-and-collect" online purchase and in-store pick-up service.
- The practice of "showrooming," or viewing an item in a retail store and then buying it online, has brought the e-commerce threat directly to bricks-and-mortar retailers.
- Example sentences
- Some retailers have tried to compete with showroomers by reducing prices.
- Savvy retailers are starting to use mobile technology to keep showroomers' dollars in their stores.
- The simple answer, according to two experts, is not to stop showrooming but to change the way the retailer reacts to showroomers.
Definition of showrooming in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia