Definition of shredder in English:
1A machine or other device for shredding something, especially documents.
- In general, all garden shredders have a high watt motor and come with silent crushing system.
- Urschel Laboratories Inc. designs and manufactures cheese shredders.
- These tire shredders are incapable of shredding tires in excess of size 17 due to the diameter of the wire in the tire sidewall.
2A musician who plays a very fast, intricate style of rock lead guitar: the guitarists are skilled, but not the fastest shredders around
More example sentences
- In the blusterless world of modern indie rock, she's something of an anomaly: an honest-to-God shredder.
- When the house lights go down this fall, a new generation of axe shredders, drummers and fearless frontmen will come together and rock.
- The Massachusetts-based Cave In originated in the mid 1990s as a brutal, dynamic, metal-tinged hardcore band akin to influential shredders like Converge, Coalesce, and Botch.
3 informal A snowboarder.
[From the notion that snowboarders tear up snow, making it bad for skiing]
- When not on the snow, this 16-year-old shredder can be found refining his skating style.
- It would be a private oasis, a white, fluffy heaven: Valhalla for the true shredders.
- Upon arriving in Seattle we linked-up with snow shredders B.J. Kaiser and Tim Carlson.
Words that rhyme with shredderbedder, cheddar, Edda, Enzedder, header, Kedah, shedder, spreader, tedder, threader, treader, Vedda
Definition of shredder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan