Definition of shredder in English:
1A machine or other device for shredding something, especially documents.
- In general, all garden shredders have a high watt motor and come with silent crushing system.
- Urschel Laboratories Inc. designs and manufactures cheese shredders.
- These tire shredders are incapable of shredding tires in excess of size 17 due to the diameter of the wire in the tire sidewall.
2A musician who plays a very fast, intricate style of rock lead guitar: the guitarists are skilled, but not the fastest shredders around
More example sentences
- In the blusterless world of modern indie rock, she's something of an anomaly: an honest-to-God shredder.
- When the house lights go down this fall, a new generation of axe shredders, drummers and fearless frontmen will come together and rock.
- The Massachusetts-based Cave In originated in the mid 1990s as a brutal, dynamic, metal-tinged hardcore band akin to influential shredders like Converge, Coalesce, and Botch.
3 informal A snowboarder.
[From the notion that snowboarders tear up snow, making it bad for skiing]
- When not on the snow, this 16-year-old shredder can be found refining his skating style.
- It would be a private oasis, a white, fluffy heaven: Valhalla for the true shredders.
- Upon arriving in Seattle we linked-up with snow shredders B.J. Kaiser and Tim Carlson.
Words that rhyme with shredderbedder, cheddar, Edda, Enzedder, header, Kedah, shedder, spreader, tedder, threader, treader, Vedda
Definition of shredder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.