1A machine or other device for shredding something, especially documents.
- They now have a bigger incinerator and have invested in fine shredders.
- On the basis that specialist equipment - bins, banks, balers, compactors, skips, shredders - and facilities are required, suppliers must have surety of payment.
- The DVD / CD shredder is able to destroy data at a very fast rate - up to 30 DVD / CDs a minute.
2A musician who plays a very fast, intricate style of rock lead guitar: the guitarists are skilled, but not the fastest shredders around
More example sentences
- While too many shredders today rely on stock scales and mechanical articulation, Holt and Altus deliver a master class in how to make solos kick ass.
- When Black Mountain evoke shredders of yesteryear such Blue Cheer and Led Zeppelin, their technique falls nearer to Galaxie 500 and the Velvet Underground, who forsook showmanship and dug deep in search of music's fundamental soul.
- This CD gives you many of Vai's contributions to various film soundtracks, adding a greater depth and dimension to his musical scope rather than being just another guitar shredder.
3 informal A snowboarder.
From the notion that snowboarders tear up snow, making it bad for skiing
- During the season, Ski Acres had constructed a big air kicker as a way of enticing snow shredders to their slopes.
- Upon arriving in Seattle we linked-up with snow shredders B.J. Kaiser and Tim Carlson.
- His bro Kurt's a pro snow shredder.
Words that rhyme with shredderbedder, cheddar, Edda, Enzedder, header, Kedah, shedder, spreader, tedder, threader, treader, Vedda
Definition of shredder in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.