1A boat designed or used for catching shrimp.
- It was a far cry from the shrimpers' boat George had grown up on.
- The next afternoon, the boats line up on Newport's Yaquina Bay: trollers and crabbers, long-liners and shrimpers, draggers, charters, and pleasure craft.
- According to the Southeastern Fisheries Association in Tallahassee, Florida, nearly 5,000 shrimpers trawled the Gulf a decade ago.
2A person who fishes for shrimp.
- Federal officials are moving toward a moratorium on licensing shrimpers to fish in Gulf waters under federal jurisdiction.
- In the southern states along the Gulf Coast, Vietnamese fishermen and shrimpers play an important role in the fishing industry.
- We spent the day on the little island, populated by fishermen and shrimpers who lived in stilt houses.
Words that rhyme with shrimpercrimper, simper, whimper, Whymper
Definition of shrimper in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.