- 1Package (an article) by enclosing it in clinging transparent plastic film that shrinks tightly onto it: (as adjective shrink-wrapped) shrink-wrapped blocks of cheeseMore example sentences
- Meanwhile, the company shrink-wrapping luggage in plastic is doing a roaring trade.
- Do I really need to point out the idiocy of shrink-wrapping our houses?
- A small, field-deployable unit vacuum shrink-wraps the items and wraps them in a thin but high-tensile-strength Kevlar expendable harness.
- 1.1 (as adjective shrink-wrapped) Computing (Of a product) sold commercially as a ready-made software package.More example sentences
- The company is trying to reduce the number of applications it uses and to standardise on shrink-wrapped items.
- They buy lots of what Gartner's David Schehr calls shrink-wrapped goods: books, DVDs, CDs and software.
- We thought we would be able to do that using shrink-wrapped software, but we found that we needed to develop software to enable us to manage that amount of information.
nounBack to top
- Clinging transparent plastic film used to enclose an article as packaging.More example sentences
- Using containers to move sustainment cargo provides significant benefits over alternatives such as breakbulk pallets, cargo nets, and plastic shrink-wrap.
- He enclosed about 70 percent of the tube in shrink-wrap plastic.
- In fact, it even described how the body was wrapped in some kind of shrink-wrap paper.
More definitions of shrink-wrapDefinition of shrink-wrap in:
- The British & World English dictionary