A woody plant that is smaller than a tree and has several main stems arising at or near the ground.
More example sentences
- It is a good time to plant bare rooted shrubs and trees while the weather stays mild and the ground is still workable.
- One hundred and fifty native trees and shrubs were planted on Lackham Estate in Ashlea field.
- Hundreds of trees and shrubs will be planted at Croome Park during December.
bush, woody plant;
- More example sentences
- In association with recent regional warming, moist tundra has become more shrubby, and trees are increasing in density and expanding into tundra near the arctic treeline.
- Bushtits inhabit mixed coniferous and deciduous areas with shrubby growth.
- One of the best of these sparsely vegetated, shrubby habitats is found on the western slopes of BlackJack Mountain.