Definition of shrubbery in English:
noun (plural shrubberies)
- Care should be taken when designing roses into the landscape which are next to solid structures like fences, buildings or even large, dense shrubbery.
- If it is dense enough, shrubbery can provide a home to ground-nesting birds such as doves and thrushes as well as small mammals like rabbits.
- Protection from afternoon sun may also be given by fences, shrubbery or screens.
1.1An area planted with shrubs.
- The developers have included water features, seating area and shrubberies in the landscaped gardens which surround the scheme.
- Mature lawns surround Lakefield House while the manageable garden also features a shrubbery and rockeries as well as the two patio areas.
- With a little shrubbery or plants, such fences can provide very attractive barriers along property lines.
Definition of shrubbery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan