- The button on a camera that is pressed to make the shutter open.More example sentences
- Camera absent-mindedly in hand, she accidentally pressed the shutter release.
- With most cameras the correct-focus indicator light will blink rapidly and the shutter release won't fire.
- It will now hold that focus until you either fully depress the shutter release, or you take your finger off the button.
More definitions of shutter releaseDefinition of shutter release in:
- The British & World English dictionary