- 1Wood in planks or strips used as a temporary structure for fencing to contain setting concrete, to support the sides of trenches, etc..More example sentences
- There's a flexibility in molding concrete by using temporary shuttering or a mould.
- The architect insisted that shuttering supporting the new stonework should be taken down.
- Forests have been razed (particularly in Queensland) to provide once-used shuttering for elegant poured concrete buildings.
More definitions of shutteringDefinition of shuttering in:
- The British & World English dictionary