- A drug that promotes the secretion of saliva.More example sentences
- Treatment is simple and includes resting the voice, along with warm sialogogues for symptom relief.
- By its sialagogue and stimulant effects upon the gastric membranes it promotes digestion.
- It is used as a stimulant in languid states of the system, and as a sialagogue in paralysis of the tongue and mouth.
late 18th century: from French, from Greek sialon 'saliva' + agōgos 'leading'.
More definitions of sialagogueDefinition of sialagogue in:
- The British & World English dictionary