Definition of sickening in English:
1Causing or liable to cause a feeling of nausea or disgust: a sickening stench of blood she hit the ground with a sickening thud
More example sentences
- The sickening stench of blood hit him like a tidal wave.
- The limp body fell to the ground with a sickening thud, splattering blood all over the road.
- Fear washed over her again, with a sickening nausea too.
- Example sentences
- It's maddeningly, sickeningly and disgustingly humid over here.
- It was a sickeningly hot summer, leading to disease which, combined with malnutrition, took a heavy toll on Napoleon's troops.
- The pressure will be unbearable, the stakes sickeningly high.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia