1Causing or liable to cause a feeling of nausea or disgust: a sickening stench of blood she hit the ground with a sickening thud
More example sentences
- The sickening stench of blood hit him like a tidal wave.
- The limp body fell to the ground with a sickening thud, splattering blood all over the road.
- Fear washed over her again, with a sickening nausea too.
- More example sentences
- It's maddeningly, sickeningly and disgustingly humid over here.
- It was a sickeningly hot summer, leading to disease which, combined with malnutrition, took a heavy toll on Napoleon's troops.
- The pressure will be unbearable, the stakes sickeningly high.