Definition of sidalcea in English:
A herbaceous North American plant of the mallow family, several kinds of which are cultivated as ornamentals.
- Genus Sidalcea, family Malvaceae
- The soft pinks of sidalceas and anisodonteas combine brilliantly with the crisp white of shasta daisies and snow drop anemones to create the ultimate romantic garden.
- I dug it out of the gravel border as it began to sidle into the sidalceas.
- Entering through the dense hedges is irresistibly romantic, as are the thatched barn, granite tower, and blousy herbaceous planting, at its peak in July with sidalceas, astilbes and dioramas, to draw you onward.
modern Latin, from Sida + Alcea, names of related genera.
Definition of sidalcea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia