Definition of sideshow in English:
1A small show or stall at an exhibition, fair, or circus.
- The rest of the showground will be packed with funfair rides, sideshows and food stalls, with a live band and bar area.
- Visitors said they enjoyed the event, and although numbers thinned quickly later in the afternoon, crowds turned up to enjoy the stalls, sideshows, fairground rides and the main acts in the arena.
- There will also be stalls, sideshows, fairground rides, new and vintage car shows and helicopter and balloon trips, and the Cornish Pavilion will showcase products from the county.
1.1A minor or diverting incident or issue, especially one that distracts attention from something more important.
- My personal opinion is that the whole issue's just a sideshow from what's really important.
- The media, of course, treats these incidents as an amusing sideshow, a bit of spice in an otherwise bland political soup.
- They would do well not to celebrate what may be a minor sideshow while preparations for the main event continue.
Words that rhyme with sideshowpeep show • poncho
Definition of sideshow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.