Definition of sidewall in English:
1 (often side wall) A wall forming the side of a structure or room.
- Getting to her feet, Virginia wandered over to the bureau on the opposite side wall of the room.
- Kari turned back to the front, and caught Haul staring at her from across the room where he leaned against the far side wall.
- The only other furniture in the room was a wooden filing cabinet on the side wall.
2The side of a tire, typically marked or colored distinctively.
- And avoid those tyres - a sidewall popping at just under 980 miles of usage is pretty terrible, in my opinion.
- Despite its lower profile, the design of the new sidewall is more compliant over bumps and impacts, which improves ride comfort while reducing noise and isolating the car from road surface imperfections.
- You'll also find other information on the sidewall such as the type and composition of the tire, the maximum cold inflation and maximum load in pounds.
Definition of sidewall in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan