- A pale-colored, nocturnal, burrowing rattlesnake that moves sideways over sand by throwing its body into S-shaped curves. It is found in the deserts of North America.
More example sentences
- Crotalus cerastes, family Viperidae
- He doesn't seem to be describing just any kind of slithering, but something akin to the movement of the sidewinder.
- Sidewinders use quick motions to wiggle into the sand to bury the greater part of their body.
- The Sidewinder will usually only have the eyes and nostrils visible once buried in the sand.