(also sieve tube member)
- A sieve element of a type present in angiosperms, a series of which are joined end to end to form sieve tubes, with sieve plates between the elements.More example sentences
- Other cell types classified as vascular tissue, such as sieve tube elements and companion cells, did not conduct light efficiently in either stems or roots.
- The protoplasts of adjacent sieve tube elements are interconnected through the sieve plates.
- Strands of cytoplasm called plasmodesmata connect the sieve tube element and companion cell.
More definitions of sieve tube elementDefinition of sieve tube element in:
- The British & World English dictionary