Definition of sightly in English:
Pleasing to the eye: metal guards can also be used but are less sightly
More example sentences
- Old railway sleepers have been laid along substantial stretches of the path to Coire Ardair: perhaps not the most sightly solution to the problem, but it has been successful in allowing vegetation on either side to regenerate.
- A lighted Christmas crib, the hand-craft of John Earley, was donated to the town and positioned in Main Street opposite Mooney's Lounge, and it creates a sightly scene.
- Veneers might offer a quick-fix Hollywood grin, but braces are making a comeback as technological advances make them more sightly - and more effective.
- Example sentences
- Residential areas are becoming increasingly saturated with the towers, often over the protests of neighbors concerned about sightliness and safety.
- The same cause renders the joints of the brickwork too large for sightliness, but the result so far as strength is concerned is very satisfactory.
- As seen from the roadside, color and neatness are probably the two most important factors in visual sightliness, Strobel says.
Words that rhyme with sightlyknightly, nightly, sprightly
Definition of sightly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.