- 1An inscribed or painted symbol considered to have magical power.More example sentences
- He used to paint his sigils onto the speakers of radios - empowering the sound!
- There seems to be only so much power a sigil can summon, so to speak.
- He's also said to have created the Baphomet sigil, based on the inverted pentagram.
- 1.1 • archaic A seal: the supply wains bore the High King’s sigilMore example sentences
- "Then you will graciously endorse the document with your sigil," said the woman.
- Wessex replaced the sigil within the drawer, beside another ring.
late Middle English: from late Latin sigillum 'sign'.
More definitions of sigilDefinition of sigil in:
- The British & World English dictionary