(also signal tower)
- A building beside a railroad track from which signals, switches, and other equipment are controlled.More example sentences
- During the war she worked at a munitions factory in Chorley and then in the signal box at Newhey railway station.
- The doors also swung open on a Victorian Motor Show, an interactive motor car gallery, veteran car ride, a period Co-op shop and extended street scene including cycle shop, railway signal box, chemist, cinema, and arcade.
- The station buildings and signal box at Llanfair are survivors from the Great Western era, and painted in that line's typical brown and cream colour scheme.
More definitions of signal boxDefinition of signal box in:
- The British & World English dictionary