Definition of signboard in English:
1A board displaying the name or logo of a business or product.
- The bureau will aim to promote further ‘internationalization’ of Tokyo's Haneda airport and more signboards and pamphlets written in foreign languages.
- Get past the main gate and well-laid out roads, wide footpaths, neat walkways leading to apartments and clearly painted signboards greet you.
- In England he learned to work with his hands and do physical labour, painting signboards and doing assorted jobs.
1.1chiefly North American A board displaying a sign to direct traffic or travelers.
- Traffic signboards are blatantly misused for sticking posters and bills.
- Automated traffic lights and traffic signboards have been installed at the Priyadarshini Children's Park here, to create awareness among children about traffic rules, lights and signs.
- Do not park vehicles in a manner that obstructs traffic or obscure the view of traffic signboards.
Definition of signboard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan