- Relating to or denoting clastic rocks consisting largely of silica or silicates.More example sentences
- Successions in the more intact Permian units are depositionally underlain by siliciclastic sedimentary rocks.
- The massif comprises low-grade, mainly fine-grained, siliciclastic deposits, ranging from the lowermost Cambrian to the upper Silurian in age.
- Previous studies of coal sequence stratigraphy have concentrated on coals associated with siliciclastic depositional systems.
More definitions of siliciclasticDefinition of siliciclastic in:
- The British & World English dictionary