- A man’s tall, cylindrical hat covered with black silk plush.More example sentences
- He wore a soft silk hat that covered the top of one ear, and a most arrogant smile.
- It is related that as far back as the seventies he astonished his two professional companions in a walking tour of Surrey by setting out in silk hat and frock coat, his night attire being carried in a cardboard box.
- He once turned up at Buckingham Palace in a fawn raincoat, woollen gloves and an old silk hat.
More definitions of silk hatDefinition of silk hat in:
- The British & World English dictionary