(also silky oak)
- A tall Australian tree that yields silky-textured timber similar to oak.
More example sentences
- Several species in the family Proteaceae, in particular Cardwellia sublimis and the frequently cultivated Grevillea robusta
- This would be great property trees, except silk oaks are soft brittle trees that have a limited lifespan.
- The silk oak is planted in India as a shade tree in coffee and tea plantations.
- The silk oaks were also to be removed because of concerns they might be a safety hazard.