- A large moth with a caterpillar that spins a protective silken cocoon.
More example sentences
- ● (also the silk moth) a domesticated Asian moth whose larva is the chief commercial silkworm (Bombyx mori, family Bombycidae). ● (also giant silk moth) a saturniid moth.
- As big as a hot dog, Automeris, a giant silkworm moth caterpillar, discourages some predators by its size, strong bite, and array of spines.
- Since the male silkworm moth is an important ingredient, we wondered whether the male silkworm moth can increase the life-span of the fruit fly by itself.
- The first written record of using male silkworm moth in traditional Chinese medicine can be found in ancient classics.