Definition of silver birch in English:
1A European birch with silver-gray bark, common on poorer soils to the northern limit of tree growth.
- Betula pendula, family Betulaceae
- Many silver birch and pine trees were planted to frame important views toward the house, and they are now reaching maturity.
- Much of the trail is in woodland: oak, ash, silver birch and magnificent beech trees line the route.
- Guilt was replaced by the pleasure of the path, the coppiced hazel, the fallen silver birch rotting in their bark and fuelling the ecology, the willows, sedges and the bulbs about to burst.
Definition of silver birch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.