- A period regarded as notable but inferior to a golden age: the age may in hindsight be seen as not entirely contemptible, perhaps even as a silver ageMore example sentences
- When Saturn was overthrown by his son, Jupiter, the silver age began.
- Weimar had its Golden classical age (Goethe, Schiller and Herder) and a silver age (Liszt); there was a string of Grand Dukes, Nietzsche, early Bauhaus and of course the proclamation of the Weimar Republic.
- It's like the silver age of DC comics, but on screen.
More definitions of silver ageDefinition of silver age in:
- The British & World English dictionary