1A red fox of a North American variety that has black fur with white tips.
- The old prison is now a museum, and the nearby wildlife park has rare Scottish wildcats as well as silver foxes, badgers, deer and wallabies.
- The silver fox, a variant of the red fox, is a close relative of the dog.
- With his grey silk suit to match his hair, Vincent suggests a silver fox (the predator image is underscored when a coyote, eyes flaring briefly, crosses in front of the taxi).
1.1The fur of the silver fox.
- One technical innovation is Saga's fish scale technique which uses different fur types such as silver fox with mink to create a lightness of texture with pattern.
- Dressed in an ever deeper purple, the king's robe was adorned with silver fox around the neckline.
- She called up a mental picture of herself with a long, luxurious silver fox tail wrapped around her body.
2 informal A handsome gray-haired man.
- But this weekend, the silver fox discovered that perhaps he was indeed too old.
- Of course, vintage is in and debate will rage as the nation's dapper silver foxes go head to head with the lively young bucks.
- I wonder what happened to that silver fox Anderson Cooper?
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: sil·ver fox
Definition of silver fox in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.