- 1A red fox of a North American variety that has black fur with white tips.More example sentences
- The old prison is now a museum, and the nearby wildlife park has rare Scottish wildcats as well as silver foxes, badgers, deer and wallabies.
- The silver fox, a variant of the red fox, is a close relative of the dog.
- With his grey silk suit to match his hair, Vincent suggests a silver fox (the predator image is underscored when a coyote, eyes flaring briefly, crosses in front of the taxi).
- 1.1The fur of the silver fox.More example sentences
- One technical innovation is Saga's fish scale technique which uses different fur types such as silver fox with mink to create a lightness of texture with pattern.
- Dressed in an ever deeper purple, the king's robe was adorned with silver fox around the neckline.
- She called up a mental picture of herself with a long, luxurious silver fox tail wrapped around her body.
- 2 • informal A handsome gray-haired man.More example sentences
- Suddenly this drop-dead gorgeous man appeared, a real silver fox, who turned out to be Oliver.
- Bill Clinton still had about half a head of brown hair when he took office but was a silver fox two years later.
- Winona Ryder plays a dying young woman who is romanced by silver fox Richard Gere in this drippy, luxe love story directed by Joan Chen.
More definitions of silver foxDefinition of silver fox in:
- The British & World English dictionary