Definition of silvereye in English:
An Australasian songbird of the white-eye family, with mainly greenish plumage and a white ring around the eye.
- Genus Zosterops, family Zosteropidae: two or three species
- Bellbird, yellow-breasted tit, fantail, grey warbler and silvereye were common in all the forests and weka and robins were found in some areas.
- There are still many native birds in the shrubland including bellbirds, kingfishers, silvereye and the hawk or kahu.
- The vegetation is varied and the birdlife is abundant - native pigeon, fantail, silvereye, kingfisher, grey warbler to name just a few.
Definition of silvereye in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan