- Silver-colored material used to coat glass in order to make it reflective.More example sentences
- This black varnish was applied presumably as an element of mourning, or, as Edwards suggested, either to match japanned furniture in the room or in reaction to the blackening of the silvering by tarnishing.
- Remove mirrors from their frames prior to stripping, to avoid damaging the silvering, which would be costly to replace.
- That points to the likelihood that grimy hands had affected the silvering, either before or after it was applied.
More definitions of silveringDefinition of silvering in:
- The British & World English dictionary