- The art of drawing with a silver-pointed instrument on paper prepared with a coating of powdered bone or zinc white, creating a fine durable line composed of metal fragments.More example sentences
- I've experimented with a broad range of media, including watercolor, silverpoint, etching, silkscreen and others, but oils have a richness and tactile feel I really love.
- Until this year the drawings were all in black pencil, varying from soft, deep-black graphite to feathery silverpoint, and sometimes ranging widely in a single image.
- One of the Ashmolean's pictures, a study in silverpoint for The Golden stairs, is displayed beside a letter revealing that it was drawn not with an elegant little pencil, but with a sixpence the artist cut up for the purpose.
More definitions of silverpointDefinition of silverpoint in:
- The British & World English dictionary