A video game that simulates an activity such as flying an aircraft or playing a sport.
- There are also quite a few flight sims that simulate modern or historic aircraft.
- The core gameplay concept is team action strategy, a three-tier model that combines aspects of action space sims, tactical naval sims, and RTS games.
- But I honestly don't see myself getting excited by sports sims.
Late 20th century: abbreviation of simulation (see simulate).
(also SIM card)
A smart card inside a cellular phone, carrying an identification number unique to the owner, storing personal data, and preventing operation if removed.
- When a phone is stolen, the owner's account-details of which are stored on the SIM card slotted into the phone-is frozen.
- Pitchford said she had the ‘shock of her life’ when one of the youths asked her to remove her SIM card and hand over her cellphone.
- Many carriers use the SIM card (subscriber identity module) or smart card.
1980s: acronym from subscriber identification module.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan