- A synthetic compound derived from triazine and used as a herbicide, especially to kill broadleaved weeds and grasses before they emerge.More example sentences
- Bioassays with lettuce and cucumber seedlings showed that simazine, a triazine herbicide related to atrazine, can persist in soils and cause subsequent replanting problems.
- Atrazine and simazine are corn herbicides used by growers worldwide.
- Yes, there was a large amount of work done during the mid-'90s looking at atrazine, simazine and other triozyde herbicides downstream of food crops and downstream of timber crops.
More definitions of simazineDefinition of simazine in:
- The British & World English dictionary