Relating to, resembling, or affecting apes or monkeys: simian immunodeficiency virus Compare with prosimian.
More example sentences
- Researchers have identified simian immunodeficiency virus in wild apes for the first time.
- The simian immunodeficiency virus destabilizes lamellar and promotes hexagonal phase, leading to the speculation that it has an effective negative intrinsic curvature.
- Both vaccines were designed against SHIV, a virus containing components of HIV and the related monkey virus, simian immunodeficiency virus.
An ape or monkey.
- We call these creatures Pro simians (meaning before the simians or apes).
- In this age of growing animal-empowerment, do you think monkeys and other simians should be allowed to drink, if they so desire?
- Actors playing the simians choreograph ape-like movements with ease.
Words that rhyme with simianEndymion, prosimian, Simeon
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of simian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.