Definition of simian in English:
Relating to, resembling, or affecting apes or monkeys: simian immunodeficiency virus Compare with prosimian.
More example sentences
- Researchers have identified simian immunodeficiency virus in wild apes for the first time.
- The simian immunodeficiency virus destabilizes lamellar and promotes hexagonal phase, leading to the speculation that it has an effective negative intrinsic curvature.
- Both vaccines were designed against SHIV, a virus containing components of HIV and the related monkey virus, simian immunodeficiency virus.
nounBack to top
An ape or monkey.
- We call these creatures Pro simians (meaning before the simians or apes).
- In this age of growing animal-empowerment, do you think monkeys and other simians should be allowed to drink, if they so desire?
- Actors playing the simians choreograph ape-like movements with ease.
Words that rhyme with simianEndymion, prosimian, Simeon
Definition of simian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan