- (Of a person) honest, open, and straightforward: a simple-hearted, unassuming, courteous old gentlemanMore example sentences
- It is doubtful which gave the simple hearted little man most joy at the moment, the gaining of the treasure, or the recovery of the donkey.
- This so pleased me that I did not try to resist, but allowed this simplehearted stranger to throw his arms about me and weep a few tranquilizing tears down the back of my neck.
- In most cases, people, even the most vicious, are much more naive and simple-hearted than we assume.
More definitions of simple-heartedDefinition of simple-hearted in:
- The British & World English dictionary