- 1Composed of or characterized by a single part or structure.More example sentences
- If QTL mapping is performed for a trait measured at a single point, the simplex algorithm, although simple to implement, uses a longer time and, hence, displays no advantage, as compared to the EM algorithm.
- Their results on relative power of different family structures for simplex traits confirm our simulation findings.
- 1.1(Of a communications system, computer circuit, etc.) only allowing transmission of signals in one direction at a time.More example sentences
- If two simplex circuits are combined as shown in Figure 3, a third telephone circuit can be obtained over two pairs of wires.
nounBack to top
- A simple or uncompounded word.More example sentences
- A root word is usually called either a simple word or a simplex.
late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'single', variant of simplus 'simple'.
More definitions of simplexDefinition of simplex in:
- The British & World English dictionary