verb (simplifies, simplifying, simplified)[with object]
Make (something) simpler or easier to do or understand: an overhaul of court procedure to simplify litigation
More example sentences
- The two groups are working in partnership to simplify existing rules and information processes.
- Huge steps were made in simplifying information access, mapping, and transformation.
- Such a narrow view of the process of seeking information simplifies the conduct of research.
make simple/simpler, make easy/easier to understand, make plainer, clarify, make more comprehensible/intelligible;
- More example sentences
- Certainly, there have been distortions and simplifications in British reporting on GM, just as there has been much careful, conscientious journalism.
- The article goes into depth on each section of the pyramid, describing simplifications and fallacies.
- This research demonstrates how wrong our simplifications can be.