1A machine with a similar set of controls designed to provide a realistic imitation of the operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes.
- Reactor simulators provide a very realistic training experience for power reactor operation.
- Other studies have assessed acceptability after people have had limited or extended experience with the systems in driving simulators or in actual vehicles.
- To keep the costs down, very realistic vehicle simulators are being used.
1.1 (also simulator program) A program enabling a computer to execute programs written for a different operating system.
- Ikos has donated technology to help speed up the link between hardware emulators and software simulators running on workstations to a new industry consortium.
- Well, last year's demo did show a Palm simulator running a Solaris app on the other side of the Atlantic.
- The experimenter can save this text to a file and then invoke the NCS simulator on that file from the command line.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of simulator in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.