- (With reference to business or proceedings that have been adjourned) with no appointed date for resumption: the case was adjourned sine dieMore example sentences
- The Legislature of the State of New Jersey adjourned sine die at noon to-day.
- The Texas Legislature adjourned sine die this afternoon, formally ending the 7th special session in two and a half years.
- In the event of vetoes or crises, the Senate President shall be empowered to suspend sine die adjournment for a period up to one week for purposes of reconvening the Senate.
Latin, literally 'without a day'.
More definitions of sine dieDefinition of sine die in:
- The British & World English dictionary