- 1Consisting of or resembling sinews.More example sentences
- William could feel the statues pressing into his back, their sinewy shapes slithering against his skin.
- Gage is 6-4,212 pounds, with long, sinewy legs.
- The crowd focuses on Wesley Bunch, a tanned, sinewy mountaineer from Jackson with a massive blond afro.
- 1.1(Of a person or animal) lean and muscular: a short, sinewy, sunburnt man • figurative the language is spare and sinewyMore example sentences
- A place where the contours of the land itself forms a kind of sinewy poetry.
- Charlton is looking, in language, for something beyond what he calls "the sinewy slippage of language"'.
- Her body is a mass of contradictions - strong yet frail-looking, sinewy yet delicate.