- 1In a remarkable or noticeable way: you have singularly failed to live up to your promises [as submodifier]: a singularly unattractive colorMore example sentences
- A whole array of intellectuals are revealed not merely to be snobs and fuzzy thinkers, but possessed of singularly unattractive opinions based on nothing more than prejudice and stupidity.
- ‘I singularly failed to get an education,’ he says.
- But of the home favourites, it is Senior who is best placed to give the galleries what they want and he is holding his game together this week in a way that he singularly failed to do on his last outing.
- 1.1In a strange or eccentric way: Charlotte thought her very singularly dressedMore example sentences
- I think there is something singularly distinctive about the Irish psyche.
- Charlotte thought her very strange-looking and singularly dressed.